Saturday, January 5, 2013

Further Proof That EDM Is RETARDED

Well now this is just retarded. My Bootleg Remix Mashup Extended Epic Party Mix has been blocked in some countries. My video may include music that is owned by a third party, apparently. See, according to Youtube, at precisely 1 minute and 9 seconds into the track, a sound recording is administered by "Various-Levels" by Blanco y Negro (Base79)." And then again, 6 seconds later, "DJ Ehkir-Slevel (DJ Ehkir Edit)" by CD Baby is played.

Of course I don't believe this copyright claim is valid.

THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF THE SONG ITSELF AND THE VIDEO FORM IN WHICH I WAS PRESENTING IT ON YOUTUBE IS TO KNOCK THE ARTISTS FOR OVER-USING THE ETTA JAMES SAMPLE.

How the fuck does it make sense for a DJ to make a copyright claim?! Their entire craft is taking other peoples works and smashing it together with overpriced equipment!

Let me reiterate....the entire purpose of that Youtube video was to illustrate how overused and played out that Etta James sample is. Why am I getting faulted for sampling the part of a song that is sampling someone else? What gives THEM the right to claim copyright infringement on me for pointing out them doing the very same act?!


It doesn't make sense.

I've noticed, upon reviewing my entire Youtube channel, that most of my videos have restrictions. Why am I blocked in other countries for taking a 1 minute scene from Cast Away and throwing the music from Curb Your Enthusiasm over it? How is that even copyright infringement? Clearly I'm not taking credit for filming the movie Cast Away, or claiming to have composed the stock music from Curb Your Enthusiasm. What purpose is fulfilled in removing it from Youtube? Maybe someone who liked my video clip would have been intrigued, and went out and bought seasons 1 - 8 of Curb Your Enthusiasm. This could have played out a number of ways for each viewer; each viewer of my video would be a potential buyer of the very product that I'm lampooning. Blocking my videos is only taking away attention from the movie, and away from the music.

So in light of all this, I've designed a brand new logo for Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you should strike me down I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.