Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Catch 4:22 (Issue #1)



Catch 4:22 is actually the name of a TV show me and some friends are currently in the process of writing. However, because I feel so proud of myself for coining the perfect name for the show (It blends elements of Curb Your Enthusiasm, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Flight of the Conchords, the Mighty Boosh, Trailer Park Boys, South Park, and some others...the name is spot-on perfect) I decided to buy some 'insurance' on the name so to speak, by releasing a completely unrelated project using the same name before anyone else could.

I learned my lesson with Night of the Living Shred. Night of the Living Shred was going to be a zombie rock opera about weed that turns people into zombies, and one musicians quest to save all of his friends from smoking the weed, traveling to various shows in different music scenes where drugs are prevalent. (A rave in the woods, Hip Hop open mic night, metal show, punk show, etc.) Some assholes in New York caught wind of my idea, gutted it of originality, took only the weed plot, and crapped out "Night of the Living Heads," a movie about weed that turns people into zombies. Don't get me wrong, "Pot Zombies" was the spiritual predecessor to both NOTLS and NOTLH. So while the plot Night of the Living Heads lifted wasn't exactly original when I used it, it was obvious these people saw my idea online under "Night of the Living Shred," changed one word, took the least original aspect of my script, and made a shitty movie. Without any badass music.

So releasing this comic is kind of like calling dibs on the name Catch 4:22 first. And make no mistake, the show will be far funnier and more creative than this crappy comic.



5 comments:

  1. The true tale of catch 4:22 as well who this sweet funky freedom person really is shall be released in tales of vertigo a new series on requiem of urbanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who you arre, but I will find you and I will kill you

      Delete

If you should strike me down I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.